Look to the skies…is it a bird? Is it a plane? Oh, nooo, it is a UFO!!!
Since July 2, 2001, World UFO Day promotes sightings of unidentified flying objects (UFO for short) or alien spacecrafts–I know, right–and since I am totally clueless on this subject, I thought I would spend part of my day digging on-line about UFOs and occasionally looking into the skies for when a few UFOs decide to show up for their World UFO Day celebration. So far, nothing is happening in my skies but here is some interesting facts about UFOs:
1. Every year on July 2nd, us humanoids can hold hands together and celebrate the fact that UFOs are real; the goal for this day is to “raise awareness about undoubted existence of UFOs and with that intelligent beings from outer space.” Yay!!
2. To help make UFOs more believable, here are a few quotes by famous people:
-General Douglas MacArthur- Oct. 8, 1955
You now face a new world, a world of change. We speak in strange terms, of harnessing the cosmic energy, of ultimate conflict between a united human race and the sinister forces of some other planetary galaxy.” “The nations of the world will have to unite, for the next war will be an interplanetary war. The nations of the earth must someday make a common front against attack by people from other planets.”
(I don’t know…I’m still not a believer, General Douglas…you make it sound like a Hollywood movie script.)
-Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter Director, Central Intelligence Agency -1947-1950
“Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control… It is imperative that we learn where UFOs come from and what their purpose is…”
(Okay, Admiral, I totally agree we should learn more on these things…)
-Dr. Edgar Mitchell-1971
“We all know UFOs are real. All we need to ask is where are they from.”
(No, Dr. Mitchell, I’m not convinced UFOs are real…do you know where they come from?)
-Astronaut Dr. Brian O’Leary
“We have contact with alien cultures.”
(Oh, my, we have contact?? Since when?)
3. Simple ways to celebrate World UFO Day:
-Gather your family, friends and neighbors and simply look to the skies for UFO sightings. (I’m still looking…nothing yet.)
-Organize a casual party and watch UFO movies together.
Samples of classic UFO movies are…
- Escape to Witch Mountain–a Disney classic
- Cocoon- with the sweet couple, Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy
- Independence Day–Will Smith as Captain Steven Hiller…
- Men In Black -again with senior agent, Will Smith…
- E.T. – a classic…ET, phone home!!
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind-a Spielberg classic
- War of the World
- X-Files: Fight the Future
Okay, time to go back outside to spot some UFOs and remember the most important thing, I am told, is to keep our human minds open to this subject and send out mental messages that UFOs are welcome on this earth.
Hmm, I’m not quite sure if I believe in UFOs quite yet, but here’s my mental message going out into the universe…hello, hi, umm…
We welcome all UFOs to earth, but only if you’re friendly and you do not attempt to steal our parking stalls!
P.S. In case you want to know how to properly use the word UFO in a sentence, click if you think it should be UFO’s or UFOs.
–More information on UFOs: World UFO Day
–Quote source: UFO Quotes
You got any thoughts on UFO sightings?