“Life is short, even for those who live a long time, and we must live for the few who know and appreciate us, who judge and absolve us, and for whom we have the same affection and indulgence.
“The rest I look upon as a mere crowd, lively or sad, loyal or corrupt, from whom there is nothing to be expected but fleeting emotions, either pleasant or unpleasant, which leave no trace behind them.
We ought to hate very rarely, as it is too fatiguing; remain indifferent to a great deal, forgive often and never forget.”
- the work that allows me to support myself,
- the mechanic who fixes the car charging only for parts and very little for the labor speaking out to me the usual mantra, “because I know it is a struggle,”
- the church family that provides tons of support and healing for the soul,
- the neighbor(s) who brings food just because and
- the creative blog community whom I seek way too much affection from ( *sigh, I think it may be affection starvation or starving for affection….you know what I mean??) and not apologizing for, indulging myself in many of your conversations which my gratitude goes way out of this universe to even comprehend.